Monday, September 9, 2013

Blogtember: I'm an ISTJ


Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results.

According to the personality test I am introverted sensing thinking judging (ISTJ). I agree with a few of the things it says about me, but there are definitely some things that are not true of me.

Here are a few of the characteristics of an ISTJ (profile here):
"They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility." I think this is true about me. 
"Punctuality is the watchword of the ISTJ." Definitely not true of me. It's not that I don't want to be on time, but I rarely ever am. Just ask Jason. We are almost always running late.
"Often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold." This is probably true about me. I am very shy around people that I don't know, so I don't talk much which could come off as aloof.
"ISTJ's are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments." Definitely true! Please don't tell me you are going to do something if you are not going to do it. I do get frustrated over stuff like that.
"Usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked they do not mince words." I do keep my feelings to myself most of the time. But I am concerned about other people's feelings, so I am careful about how I say things.
The profile also says ISTJ's are good at making tough calls and sticking with them. I don't think this is true of me at all. I am really indecisive, especially when it comes to hard decisions. It would depend on the decision as to whether I stuck with it or not.

This personality test was interesting! What personality type are you?

2 comments:

  1. I'm also an ISTJ! I can be indecisive sometimes, but I think it is because I'm looking for the perfect choice (we are perfectionists after all!). I found some interesting info on ISTJ's. Check it out here: http://likeordinarylife.com/post/60744152940/pieces-of-me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an ESTJ, and it sounds like we're actually pretty similar in many ways. Obviously just not the introvert/extrovert thing :) Punctuality is very important for me. I hate being late!

    ReplyDelete