Thursday, September 19, 2013

Blogtember: Creative Writing

Thursday, September 19: Creative writing day: write a (very short) fictional story that starts with this sentence: "To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century".


This was a tough one for me. I'm pretty sure I haven't written anything fictional since high school. But I gave it my best shot!

"To say I was dreading the dinner party would be the understatement of the century. Unfortunately sometimes you just have to do things you don't want to do, especially when family is involved. It wouldn't be that big of a deal normally, but this get together will be a little different. My cousin, Scott, got married a few months ago and will be bringing along his trophy wife. She is as aloof and spoiled as they come. And of course she is real nice to everyone's face. We all know she is really talking bad about us when we turn our back. None of us really enjoy being around her. Hopefully this time she will at least wait until she gets home to complain about our grandmother's taste in clothing. It made things a little awkward at their wedding when all of us, including Grandma, heard her terrible comments. She didn't even bother to apologize if that tells you anything about her character. 

I hear my husband calling that we need to go, so I head down to meet him at the car."


No comments:

Post a Comment