Friday, March 16, 2012

Life Ain't Always Beautiful

I'm just going to be honest. This week has not been the best week at our house. 
Both of us have been really busy with work and working weird schedules.
Then Jason has had issues with both of us trucks (the joys of car ownership),
 and there were some random things to bring us down.
So, I am borrowing a line from a Gary Allan song,
"Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride..."

Life will never be perfect. And every week can't be the best week ever.
If we never had a bad week, we wouldn't appreciate the good weeks as much!
God certainly never promised us perfection.
In fact, he promised exactly the opposite.
James 1:2 (NLT)
"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy." (emphasis mine)
It doesn't say "if trouble comes your way"; trouble is surely coming. 
But God has promised that He will be with us in every circumstance.
Deutoronomy 31:6 (NLT)
"So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will never fail you nor abandon you."
I love it! God has personally gone before us. He already knows where we are headed because he has been there already! Amazing!! 
And He will never fail us or abandon us.
He is there in the good weeks and the bad weeks.

God had truly blessed me in this bad week through the Passion White Flag CD.
We were able to get a copy at Passion City Church on Sunday.
I have been listening to it non-stop since. 
If you don't have a copy, I highly recommend it!!


This CD has literally brought me to tears every time I listen.
Oh the love God has for me and all He has done.
I cannot even choose a favorite song because they are all awesome!
There are a few lyrics that have really touched me this week that I would like to share.

You Revive Me- Christy Nickels
"My soul, O Lord, is thirsty
Only you can satisfy
You're the well that never will run dry
You revive me, You revive me Lord
And all my deserts are rivers of joy
You are the treasure, I could not afford
So I'll spend myself til I'm empty and poor
All for you, You revive me Lord"

Mystery- Charlie Hall
"Sweet Jesus Christ, my sanity
Sweet Jesus Christ, my clarity
Bread of Heaven, broken for me
Cup of salvation, held up to drink
Jesus, mystery
Christ has died and Christ is risen
Christ will come again"

One Thing Remains- Kristian Stanfill
"Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me
Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant in the trial and the change
One thing remains"

Thank you Jesus for reviving me and being the only thing I need. 
Thank you for being my sanity and clarity. 
Thank you that your love is unending and unfailing!

2 comments:

  1. New follower here! I hope your week is better this week! :) I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE a oopy of this CD & your Shane & Shane CD.

    I miss you girl! I hope your week is better!
    Love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete