Thursday, March 8, 2012

Athens Adventure!

Jason and I both had the day off on Wednesday, 
so we decided to spend it together.
We wanted to do something fun but not too expensive, so we headed to Athens!

Our first stop was lunch with our friend, Pam. 
We went to our favorite sushi place, Ru Sans.
Then we had to make a stop at Menchi's Frozen Yogurt!
The Georgia Peach is our favorite. Yum!


 Next stop was the zoo. Yes, there is a zoo in Athens, and it's free!
They have bears, birds, reptiles, bobcats, and alligators. 

 Turkeys. All the Toms were showing their feathers!
 Eagle
 One of the baby bears- They had a momma and two babies.
 Gator hiding in the leaves!

After leaving the zoo, we headed to the State Botanical Gardens. 
Another place in Athens that I had never been!
It was beautiful today, so I can't wait to go back when everything is in bloom!

The Day Chapel
 Collard greens in the garden!
 The Butterfly Fountain
 Beautiful pink flowers
 This artwork is called "Sunflower Gate"

It was already late afternoon when we left the Botanical Gardens, so we decided to go to a matinee movie and have dinner downtown.
We went to see the movie Chronicle. Jason wanted to see it. 
He liked it, but honestly, I thought it was weird.
We had the theater all to ourselves though, just like our first date! :)

Leaving the movie theater, we saw this beautiful sky!

We had dinner at the Last Resort Grill. One of my favorite Athens restaurants!
The meal was delicious and so was the strawberry cake we had for dessert!
We were stuffed!

I am so thankful to have had this day to spend time with my sweet husband. 

"I have found the one my heart loves"
Song of Solomon 3:4

1 comment: