Monday, July 29, 2013

A Busy Week

This off week was certainly a busy one.
We had something going on every single day!

Monday night we had an iServe meeting. We were able to talk about what's been going on and what is coming up. Our backpack ministry will be ramping back up in a couple of weeks when school starts back!

Tuesday Scarlett got spayed. I dropped her off early in the morning. While she was gone, I took the opportunity to get some cleaning done around the house. I was able to pick her up at 3:30. She was so pitiful when she got home. She could barely keep her eyes open!

Pitiful pup
On Wednesday I had a doctor's appointment and then spent most of the afternoon at the pool. While I was gone, Scarlett was licking at her incision site. When we checked it before going to bed we noticed the top of it was open! I freaked out, of course. It wasn't bleeding or anything, so we decided I would take her in to the vet the next morning.

Thursday morning Scarlett got a staple and a special collar to keep her from continuing to mess with her incision. They didn't have the usual "cone of shame" in her size, so she got an inflatable one more like a neck pillow! She's not a big fan of it, but it does seem more comfortable than the alternative.

Scarlett's special collar
Friday I got to have lunch with my parents. Then, Mom and I worked on the invitations for the baby shower we are throwing for MC next month. After I came back home, I made a blackberry cobbler. Jason and I took dessert to dinner at his cousin's house. We had a delicious dinner and lots of good talk!

Saturday morning we had breakfast with Jason's parents at Golden Corral. In the afternoon we went to the lake for a friend's birthday. It was overcast most of the day, but the sun finally came out after we had our dinner and birthday cake! We did get to see an amazingly beautiful sunset on the way back in. Jason stopped twice for us to take pictures!



Sunday morning we went to church. Then we had lunch and dinner plans with friends. We did take some time in the afternoon just to chill at the house with our pups. It was much needed after going so much this week.

It's back to work this week.
Hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment