Monday, January 28, 2013

Eating at Home

Jason and I are trying to eat at home more.
We've always eaten out a lot, but now that we have a nice, new kitchen we want to use it! I'm also hoping that eating in will help us save some money and eat healthier. I'm trying to make a menu for each week to help me out. I hate having to try to figure out something to cook so having a plan or at least an idea really helps me. I know the weeks that I work will be easier to plan than my off weeks. My off weeks are very unpredictable, but last week we managed to make it work somewhat.

This is what the first week looked like:
Monday- Parmesan crusted chicken (Publix recipe), asparagus & roasted potatoes
Tuesday- Crockpot Mexican chicken*, corn tortillas, cheese & sour cream
Wednesday- Chicken parmigiana with caesar salad 
Thursday- we had a free pizza from Papa John's
Friday- BBQ pork, zucchini chips & macaroni & cheese
Saturday- Salmon, asparagus, & roasted potatoes
Sunday- I didn't have a plan, but we ended up having pork tenderloin with zucchini chips and baked beans

*crockpot mexican chicken is a name I made up for putting chicken, a jar of salsa, a can of black beans, and some frozen corn in the crockpot and cooking it on low all day

Last week was my week off so it went a little different:
Monday- Jason and I were working out of town so we ate out
Tuesday- Homemade pizza (turkey pepperoni and spinach) with caesar salad
Wednesday- Grilled chicken ravioli (from Sam's) with marinara and zucchini chips
Thursday- Teriyaki chicken, green beans, and roasted potatoes
We left for Gatlinburg on Friday morning and came home on Sunday night, so there were no weekend meals at home.

I have a tentative menu planned for this week:
Monday- eating at Mom and Dad's
Tuesday- Grilled chicken ravioli (from Sam's) with alfredo & caesar salad
Wednesday- Tacos
Thursday- Baked chicken, zucchini, & roasted potatoes
Friday- Pork chops, green beans, & macaroni & cheese
Saturday- BBQ chicken (or pork), salad & mashed potatoes
Sunday- homemade pizza and salad

Hopefully we can stick to the menu this week. I'm going to have to find more easy and delicious recipes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment