Saturday, September 15, 2012

It's A Lifestyle

I would like to brag on my husband for a minute. A month ago Jason decided he was going to get serious about losing some weight. And when he got serious, he got real serious. He basically cut out bread, sweets, and most dairy and starting eating a lot more fruits and vegetables along with proteins. He showed a lot of self control- especially in Maryland when Aunt Pat had four different desserts for us! Don't worry, he may not have eaten any but I ate enough for the both of us. It's been a month and he has lost 22 pounds! I'm so very proud of him for sticking with his plan and accomplishing his goal.

Jason's determination has helped me to start eating healthier too. We are more careful about what we order at restaurants and I have been cooking more veggies at home. We even tried some new things like Kale chips and peas. We have substituted fruits for dessert or had a frozen yogurt. I even started working out again. I think it has made both of us feel a lot better.

While Jason's month of his super strict diet is over, we know that this is not about a diet. It's about a lifestyle change. We will continue to make good choices but still allow a little splurge sometimes! Everything in moderation, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment