Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Destin 2012

Jason and I spent the last week in Destin, Florida with my parents. 
It was an absolutely fabulous vacation.
I love the beach.
I love seafood.
And the weather last week was perfect. 
Sunny, mid-80's, and a nice breeze.

As soon as we arrived in Destin and got checked in to our condo, we went to eat at our favorite restaurant- The Crab Trap. We fit it in for dinner a few more times during the week. We made sure to have seafood for dinner each night and even had breakfast out a few mornings. Let's just say we ate a lot during our vacation!

The Back Porch, The Crab Trap, and The Donut Hole
Our first day in Destin was spent shopping, but each day after was spent at the beach and pool. The water was gorgeous. It was the most clear I have ever seen it and had that beautiful blue/green caribbean color. It was the perfect temperature too. Whenever Jason and I got hot from the sun, we headed into the water to cool off. Even at waist deep we could see our feet at the bottom and were able to see some fish swimming around us. We saw several different types, but I'm not sure what their formal names are. By the middle of the week, Jason bought a snorkel mask from Wal-Mart in order to get a closer look at things. With the snorkel, we were able to find a big crab, a baby nurse shark, and a flounder! 

A Beach Photo Collage
A few more animals from our trip- birds at the beach, alligators at Fudpucker's, and fish in the pond where we played putt-putt.
In the evenings after dinner we watched movies, played putt-putt, stopped for yogurt, walked on the beach, and watched the sunset. The first day of vacation I read Psalm 19:1 in my quiet time.

"The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship."
Psalm 19:1 (NLT)

The sunsets last week were definitely an amazing display of the Lord's craftsmanship.

my favorite sunset photos from the week.
We had to take a couple of pictures in front of the water.

Mom and Dad
Jason and I
Here are a couple of more pictures from our trip.

Views from our condo.
The Harbor
I am so thankful that we were able to take this vacation. Time away and with family is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment