Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Update

Let me start by saying I LOVE weekends. And this past weekend was definitely a great one! It was one of the few weekends when nothing was planned. My brother, Charles, was home too! I love it when he comes home from college. :) Anyway, all the free time on Saturday gave me plenty of time to get somethings done that needed to be done. I got my room and bathroom clean. I even had a chance to give sweet Daisy Duke a bath! Here she is all fresh and clean!


Charles, Jason, and I went to look into renting tuxes for the wedding on Saturday afternoon. We have a pretty good idea of what we want, and Charles and Jason got measured so that's out of the way. After we got back from dinner, we started working on the basement. There is an in law suite in my parent's basement where my grandparents used to live. Since Jason and I don't know where we will have jobs when we get married our plan is to move into the basement. We think it is best not to have to worry about a lease. Jason bought us a stainless steel refrigerator about a year and a half ago from a friend of his that was moving. It has been hanging out in the youth room since then. Jason brought it to the house last week so we could put it in the kitchen. It was completely disgusting though! It took me TWO hours to clean! Luckily all the shelves and everything come out which made it so much easier. I wish I had a before picture, but here it is after I cleaned it.


And here it is in it's place in the kitchen.


We think it looks great! We were also able to rearrange some furniture in the living room and take out some things we aren't going to use. We are making it our own! I can't wait to move all the great gifts from our shower in!

Sunday we visited a new church. It was really nice to go to a different church. We loved the Sunday school class we went to, everyone was so honest and genuine. The message was good too, and the pastor seems nice. I think we are probably going back there again on Sunday. I want to find a church where we can really get on board with what the church is doing!



No comments:

Post a Comment