Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Long Weekend

After finally becoming a licensed pharmacist last Tuesday, I worked on Wednesday as a pharmacist! I was a little bit nervous and excited all at the same time. I am so very glad that I have already been working in Lavonia as an intern. It was easier to make the transition after working in the clinic already and watching the fill in pharmacist. The first day went pretty well. Only a few stressful moments. Thursday went even more smoothly. I really like working at the clinic a lot! 


Last week Jason volunteered at a camp in Robbinsville, North Carolina called Whisper Mountain. He was supposed to come home Friday, but surprised me by coming home on Thursday night! I was so happy to see him. :)


Since we hadn't seen each other all week, we spent all day Friday together. It was good quality time. We headed down to the mall for lunch and to see Transformers 3.


We loved it! I have liked every single one of the Transformers movies. Optimus Prime is my favorite, even though normally I'm not a fan of semi trucks. We loved Dark of the Moon so much we saw it again on Sunday with my parents!


After the movie, we went to Macy's. The Dyson vacuum that we registered for was on sale in the 4th of July sale. It was very discounted plus we were able to get 10% off of it because it had been on our registry! We were able to get it with the Macy's gift cards we got for wedding gifts. We were pretty excited about it. The vacuum we had been using was old and not really good enough for the thick carpet in our apartment. Jason put the Dyson together as soon as we got it home! We immediately used it and love it! It works amazing and is so light and easy to use! We definitely recommend it. This is the one we got...


On Sunday we celebrated the 4th of July with my parents. We had grilled chicken and Charles made homemade cookies and cream ice cream! So yummy! Then we saw Transformers again!  This week we are also house sitting for some friends of ours. We are taking care of 2 dogs, a cat, and a horse. They are a handful, but it's fun!


Monday we celebrated the 4th with peach milkshakes from ChickFilA and dinner at Outback.


Today we went to North Carolina to Whisper Mountain because Jason left his computer up there last week. The camp was gorgeous! I love the North Carolina mountains. Everyone there was so nice too. Hopefully we will get to go back and visit again before the end of the summer.


I can't believe this long weekend is already over! Back to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment