Friday, July 22, 2011

Birthday Weekend!

Last weekend was my birthday weekend. I turned 24 years old! It was a weekend of celebration which was a lot of fun.


Friday night, our friends Rod and Pam took us to dinner and a movie to celebrate. We went to a Japanese hibachi restaurant called Sakura in Athens. The food was really good, and they sang to me for my birthday! 




After dinner we headed to the dollar theater to see the movie Bridesmaids. It was pretty funny! We had such a great time with great friends!


Saturday was my birthday. Jason made me breakfast, and we relaxed for awhile. Then I opened my birthday presents with my parents and Charles. My biggest gift was the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer! I have been wanting one FOREVER. I hoped to get one as a wedding gift but as a birthday gift it's just as good!







I also got some really nice tupperware, a knife block set, and a couple of attachments for the mixer. In my family on your birthday you get to choose a place to have dinner. I love to eat so I always put a lot of thought into where I want to go. I want the food to be good, but I don't want it to be a place we go to all the time. This year I chose Maggiano's Italian Restaurant. It was a good choice. Everything was so yummy. The best part was that since Jason and I ordered off the pasta menu, we each got a second pasta dish to take home! We had Maggiano's for dinner for the next two nights!! :)







After dinner, we came home to have birthday cake. Charles made me a strawberry cake which was so delicious!





While we ate our cake we all watched the wedding video! It was fun to relive and see the day from the outside prospective. And the videographer did such a great job! We used Illuminated Videos. You can find their information here.


Sunday evening we had a burger cook out with Jason's family to celebrate my birthday. I got my first sister-in-law, aunt, and even great aunt birthday cards. Jason's mom made me a carrot cake which was also very yummy. There are so many desserts for birthdays!


I wanted to use my new mixer immediately, but I had no idea what to make since there was already birthday cake. I did get to used it on Tuesday though. I made some chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing from scratch! I took them in to work to share with my sweet coworkers! The mixer was awesome! It made everything go so much smoother and easier. Jason asked me if the mixer was the best birthday present ever. I had to say no because our sweet Daisy Duke was a birthday present 5 years ago. I consider her the best birthday present which means the mixer has to be second best!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment