Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nashville: Opryland

Jason and I just got back from a long weekend in the great state of Tennessee. I have some family that lives around Nashville, and they invited us and my parents up to visit a couple of months ago. Since Jason had never been to Nashville, we decided to make a long weekend out of it and do a little sight seeing as well.

Jason and I left on Wednesday and went to Chattanooga for his last follow up appointment with the doctor there. Thankfully, we received more good news. His arm is continuing to heal up well with no signs of infection. They took his stitches out and told us that he will not need a skin graft, which is a big praise! He will follow up with a doctor closer to home next week.

On Wednesday night in Chattanooga, Jason and I finally got to have our Valentine's date. It was only three weeks late! We had a delicious dinner at Carraba's.

Mom and Dad met us in Chattanooga on Thursday around lunch time. We had lunch at a restaurant downtown called Mount Vernon. It's a restaurant that my dad used to eat lunch at all the time when he worked in Chattanooga. My mom also remembered eating there as a kid. The food was good, and it was cool to learn something about my parent's past.

After arriving in Nashville and getting checked into our hotel, we went to the Opryland Hotel. My family stayed there once, back when Opry Mills Mall was still the Opryland Amusement Park, so it has been awhile! It is such a cool place! All the gardens inside are beautiful. I love the columns and the balconies that look out over the gardens too!

Gorgeous!

In front of the big staircase.
I love this mural also!
We didn't have time for a tour of the Grand Old Opry, but we did stop by. 


We had dinner at The Rainforest Cafe inside the Opry Mills Mall. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was very interesting! We also did a little shopping while at the mall. I found a pair of shoes, and Jason found some new jeans.

We went to bed early Thursday night. Friday was our big tourist day!

No comments:

Post a Comment